Sunday, 13 May 2012

I had the best day EVER!!

Okay so today I had one of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!! I met author Rachel Caine!
For those of you unsure who I mean, look up the Morganville Vampires series and the Weather Warden series.
For those of you who are familiar with her books, you know she is just FAAAANTASTIC! The MV series is one of my favourite series ever. I am totally in love with Shane (and I heart me some Michael too. Okay so I like both, so sue me!)


So anyway, Rachel was signing at a mall close to me called Merry Hill - in a bookstore called WHSmiths. I was so super excited when I saw the poster in the window.
I got there at about 11:05am - she was starting signing at 12pm. So I got in the queue, waiting for the store to open - turns out I was like 5th in the queue. (Technically 9th but the people ahead of me were in pairs)


My friend Laura and I stood there so excited. Laura hadn't read her books until I introduced her to them only last week. So she was excited that having only just finished reading her first book, she was getting to meet her.


So, on to my photos:

This is Rachel and me!
She's holding the red double decker bus I bought her!
I had wanted her to have something quintessentially English and what better than a double decker bus (that you would find in our capital city) with a Union Jack flag on the top - plus it's made in commemoration of Team GB, for the Olympics.She loved it, I was so pleased! :D


This is Rachel signing my books! <3


My books and swag. There's a book for me, one for my friend Carly and one to be given away! :D


The signed copies of BLACK DAWN

Rachel's hubby sketched this dragon in my copy of BLACK DAWN! He is such an amazing artist!
My signed ILL WIND

So, as you can see, I had an amazing time!

Thank you Rachel for being so awesome.
Thanks to Cat for my dragon sketch! What an amazing artist!!

I am still buzzing! Probably will be all day!! :D






3 comments:

  1. It's always so much fun to meet one of your favourite authors! I can tell that this really was a day to remember (: Love the dragon sketch! Haven't read The Morganville Vampires but have been wanting to do so, probably this month or the next :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I am so glad you had such an amazing time :) Your pictures are brill & the dragon sketch is one of a kind :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hells Yeah - sooo much fun!! :) Yeah Cat is really awesome! I am so glad I had 4 books to be signed cos 3 or more gets you a sketch!! *squeee*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...