Monday, 19 March 2012

WELCOME TO MY STOP ON THE FEATHERMORE BLOG TOUR!



Title: FEATHERMORE
Author: Lucy Swing
Source: ARC from the author
 Publish Date: 1st March 2012

Blurb:

"When the one thing you live for is taken from you, do you let it go or do you fall?
Jade, like any other student at Brushwood High, awaits the start of the school year with a certain measure of dread. Worse, she is being threatened by a voice that only she can hear—a voice that lurks at the edges of her awareness, haunting her and warning her of something unknown. She has always been able to count on her two best friends, Claire and Nate, but can she confide in them now? About this? Would they even believe her?
Life takes a turn for the better when she meets Avan, a darkly handsome new student who, somehow, seems to drown out the voice and make her feel at ease.
But Jade soon comes to realize that good things don’t last forever. When everything spirals out of control, she is shattered by something she never saw coming. Dazed and despairing, she must now overcome tragedy and embrace her true existence and a new but dangerous love. Will she be able to save herself and those she loves, before it’s too late? Or will she let the surrounding darkness consume her?"

Author Bio:
Lucy Swing lives in sunny Florida with her husband and two children.
She is a YA Paranormal/ Romance writer, whose works include: Feathermore #1 (Feathermore Trilogy), Bloody Valentine, the novella, and Bloody Valentine is also offered in "Death by Chocolate," an anthology consisting of 6 fantastic YA short stories with a chocolaty twist.
She is an absolute book hoarder and must always have a book at arms distance. Music is her muse, and there is always a soundtrack that plays along her life.
For more information on Lucy Swing please visit her website:



Now for my review:

I hereby award this book 5 wings!

Firstly I must say, I saw the original cover for this book and was in love. (hence it is part of my blog background) So when I saw this new cover, I was taken by surprise. Not in a bad way. It's just so different from what I thought it would be. But having said that, this model is beautiful and makes a very good 'Jade'.

For those of you reading this thinking "She's friends with Lucy, she'll be bias" let me just tell you now, I am NOT bias in the slightest. Unlike with Bloody Valentine (Lucy's novella) I did not get to read FEATHERMORE in it's early drafts. So I don't have a bias to the characters or the author. Yes, I am friends with Lucy, but I read this book as though she wasn't even the one that wrote it.

That being said, now I can get on with my review.

FEATHERMORE is the story of Jade, a senior at Brushwood High. She's your average, happy-go-lucky kind of girl. She's best friends with Nate and Claire. It isn't until the start of her school year that things start to get weird. For a start, she is being warned of something by a voice only she can hear, in a language she cannot decipher.
As she sits in World History on the first day of the year, Mr Morris's class is disrupted by the late-coming new kid. Enter Avan Thomas. Dreamy, delectable *excuse me while I swoon*

Jade can't peel her eyes away from him and to be honest, neither could I. Okay not my eyes but my mind! Suddenly high school got a lot more interesting. Let me tell you, if I had Avan in my classes, I would never have passed a single exam.

*shakes self and gets on with it*

So, where was I? Ahh yes. Avan. There's something about him that Jade is inexplicably drawn to. The chemistry between them sparks as they touch. Actually sparks. Weird, right?!
But Nate and Claire, especially Claire, are not so keen on the idea of their friend forming any kind of bond with the newcomer. 
If I was Jade, I would ignore them and just swoon over Avan. But that's just because he is so good looking and didn't set off any alarm bells. I usually get a feeling from fictional boys that warns me if they will be good or bad. But with Avan, all I felt was hot under the collar.

As it turns out Jade isn't all that hot on paying attention to their opinions either. 

Jade's always been able to count on Nate and Claire. They are after all her two best friends. But she doesn't feel she can tell them about the voice. Now she doesn't feel like listening to them about this either.

Now I can't tell you what happens from here. All I can say is Jade comes to learn that the good things in life must come with an expiration date. Nothing is ever easy and nothing is as it seems. Things take a drastic turn and start to unravel around her. 
From the blurb: Dazed and despairing, she must now overcome tragedy and embrace her true existence and a new but dangerous love. Will she be able to save herself and those she loves, before it’s too late? Or will she let the surrounding darkness consume her
I couldn't put that any better myself -

I will stop here before I have to say 'Spoiler Alert'. As most of you should know, I like to talk forever about books I love. But I don't like to spoil the story for others. So what I will say is, go and buy FEATHERMORE. You won't be sorry that you did. 

Lucy Swing is a very good author and for this being the first full-length novel she has written, she has done very well indeed. I was only about quarter of the way through and I was already hoping that there would be more books in this series. She says maybe a trilogy or a saga. I say 'Yes please'. 
The characters were likeable, fun, not cardboard cut-outs with no personality (unlike some I could mention) Even the baddie was good. In the way that [ ] was written, I mean. 
There were times when I had a smile a mile wide on my face and times when I was sad. The worst of which [spoiler removed] when I cried my eyes out. I was just inconsolable.

Thank you to Lucy for letting me be one of the first to read this awesome book. Thank you for introducing me to a new world with entertaining new characters. 


To purchase FEATHERMORE for yourself, click one of the following links:




To WIN a copy of FEATHERMORE in paperback AND a necklace (US ONLY!) fill in the form below:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...