Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Mini-Review of THE GATES by Rachael Wade

Now folks, I am scheduled on THE GATES BLOG TOUR for 21st of April and I don't want to make you guys read the same thing twice. So, I thought I'd write a sort of mini-review.



Title: THE GATES
Author: Rachael Wade
Source: ARC from the author.
Expected Publish Date: 25th April 2012.

I hereby give this book 5 wings!

Firstly, as with AMARANTH, I loved the look of this cover, but I didn't really get the symbolism until I read the story. As with the story itself, the cover is a little darker this time. I love it! 

I am supposed to be only writing a mini-review here, I know, but I just loved this book so much I fear my mouth (or I suppose, fingers) will run away with me.
THE GATES was a slightly darker book. Though AMARANTH touched on issues such as abuse, THE GATES was darker in it's action. I can't give too much away, you need to read it yourself and form your own opinion.
For me, Rachael Wade has done it again. She has written another brilliant book that I fell head over heels in love with. 
I was crying around mid-way through. I told myself I wouldn't cry but my eyes went and betrayed me.
This book, though darker, was still full of bright spots. Gavin Devereaux is just simply delicious and I love the interaction between him and Camille. Though fraught with it's ups and downs, their relationship is as strong and battle ready as it possibly can be. Which is good because Rachael through in a kicker in the form of the nasty little wretch called Scarlet. I won't tell you who she is or why I hate but oh boy, do I hate her!!!

There's shocks and twists in store for the characters and indeed for you the reader. For me, THE GATES is the perfect mixture between happiness and joy, sadness and loss. There was action to keep me on the edge of my seat and to make me stay up until way past my bedtime because I couldn't put it down. I am actually exhausted because of late nights. That's just how good this book was. I don't mind being so worn out. Though I do feel as though I owe myself an extra-long sleep now!

Come back on April 21st to see my full review. 


To Connect with Rachael, click her name at the top of the post to follow her on Twitter.
Or to follow her blog, enter competitions etc, find her at: RachaelWade.com
I believe she still has a competition running that you can enter to win an ARC of The Gates. This is open for another 12 days. 


If you haven't managed to read AMARANTH (book 1 in The Resistance Trilogy), see the railer here:




I don't know when one will be available for THE GATES. I will post it when I do know.


For my review of AMARANTH, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...